Simple Notification Service (SNS) A fully managed service that sends messages to subscription endpoints.
- Publisher: the client user or service that sends the message to SNS
- Topic: channel for “routing” the message/communication
- Subscription: The client user or service who receives the message
- Uses a “push” model for message delivery.
- Applications can send one message instead of many.
- Subscriptions can change without changing the application.
- SNS can also send mobile push notifications.